In another big step towards hockey returning, the schedules for the teams have been released. The Arizona Coyotes decided to release theirs with a little style.
115 days.— Arizona Coyotes (@ArizonaCoyotes) December 23, 2020
Life comes at you fast. pic.twitter.com/tC8dhNVzfy
If you aren't the Flash, here is the schedule in a much more readable format.
A few notable things about the schedule:
- The Arizona Coyotes will host the San Jose Sharks for the first game of the season on January 14th.
- February 9th will be the first time the Coyotes see the Avalanche since being eliminated from the playoffs last season.
- The Coyotes will have nine sets of back-to-back games. February 6th & 7th both against Minnesota, February 24th & 25th against Anaheim and Colorado, March 5th & 6th both against Minnesota, March 22 & 23 both against Colorado, March 26th & 27th both against San Jose, April 4th & 5th against Anaheim and Los Angeles, April 23rd & 24th both against Los Angeles, April 30th & May 1st both against Vegas, and May 7th & 8th, both against San Jose.
- The Colorado Avalanche, St. Louis Blues, and Minnesota Wild join the Coyotes' division this year. Arizona's regular-season records against them were 1-0-1, 2-1-0, and 0-3-0 respectively, with Arizona's final game against the Avalanche being missed due to the season being shortened.
- The Arizona Coyotes and St. Louis Blues will be playing in the same division since the 1997-98 season.
- The Coyotes record against the Anaheim Ducks was 2-2-0, against the Golden Knights it was 1-1-1, against the Los Angeles Kings it was 2-0-1, and against the Scottsdale Sharks it was 2-1-0.
- Arizona has been in the same division as the three California for the 22nd consecutive season.