If you’re reading this, we’re assuming you love the Coyotes and the community we’ve built here at Five for Howling. Here’s your chance to become a bigger part of that community in a meaningful way.
Five for Howling is looking for its next site manager. Keep reading to see if this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
What does the role entail?
This is a part-time, remote, contract role compensated with a monthly stipend. The site manager will:
- Make sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover Coyotes news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management regarding site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Coyotes and news.
- Already enjoy reading, commenting, and participating in the Five for Howling community.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be a self-starter and comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a cover letter explaining why you should be Five for Howling’s next site manager, a resume detailing any previous writing or management experience, and a hockey-related writing sample. All items should be submitted through Vox Media’s careers page. You must submit all three items to be considered for this role.
If you have questions about the role, the application process, or Five for Howling and SB Nation in general, reach out to Jeanna Thomas, Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands, at email@example.com.
Five for Howling, SB Nation, and Vox Media are committed to bringing you coverage of the Coyotes from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your experience and background do not precisely align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.