Unfortunately, the Coyotes just couldn’t get the scoring together again. They did start to fight back against the Blues at the end, but they just couldn’t get anything going. Clayton Keller looked amazing in his home debut, notching an assist in the game.
The Coyotes are just 5 games away from the end of the season, hopefully, they can end on a strong note.
1-0 St. Louis - Patrik Berglund scored when DeAngelo lost his man and put it right under the crossbar with a pass from Magnus Paajarvi at 9:56 of the first period. The secondary assist goes to Colton Parayko.
2-0 St. Louis - Vladimir Tarasenko cashes in on a bad rebound from Louis Domingue and snaps it right past him at 2:25 of the 2nd. He was assisted by Jay Bouwmeester and Jaden Schwartz.
2-1 St. Louis - With the Coyotes on the power play, Clayton Keller makes a cool pass to Christian Dvorak who is right on the doorstep of the crease. Dvorak backhands the puck to Alex Goligoski shoots it home. Keller gets his first NHL point on the secondary assist at 14:37 of the third period
3-1 St. Louis - With Domingue pulled and the Blues on the power play, David Perron is able to put the puck into the empty net, sealing the Coyotes fate at 19:40 of the third period.
1. Will the Coyotes be able to score? The Coyotes have started to dry up scoring wise, but it’s nice to see Goligoski starting to be the player all the Coyotes fans thought they were getting scoring.
2. Are the youth getting it done? Both Keller and Dvorak assisted on the one goal for the Coyotes, but the youth on the team are starting to show how young they actually are.
3. What will happen in Clayton Keller’s first home game? Keller got his first NHL point, one of many, during the game. I think the kid will be just fine.
Players of the Game
Arizona - Louis Domingue- Domingue did let in two goals, but he also stopped 40 of 42 shots in the game. The defense was lacking a little bit last night.
St. Louis - Vladimir Tarasenko- Tarasenko continues to be one of the best wings in the game scoring his 36th goal. He also had a special guest in the crowd tonight as well.
A heartfelt thank you to the @ArizonaCoyotes for their hospitality and for welcoming Ari to Gila River Arena tonight. pic.twitter.com/0rZLk1z6JL— St. Louis Blues (@StLouisBlues) March 30, 2017
- For more on the St. Louis Blues check out St. Louis Game Time.
- Shane Doan and Kevin Connauton remain sidelined with injuries, while Zbynek Michalek, Christian Fischer, Teemu Pulkkinen were all healthy scratches. Jamie McGinn has left the team for a few days due to a death in the family.
- The total attendance for the game was 11,377.
- Tonight 6 rookies suited up for the Coyotes with 3 of them still teenagers:
The Coyotes look to take on the league-leading Washington Capitals on Friday, March 31st at 7:00 PM over at Gila River Arena. You can catch it on Fox Sports Arizona+, Fox Sports Go, and on the radio at ESPN 620.