This may be the last time we see some Coyotes favorites in these sweaters, but it wasn’t the ending that some of them wanted. The Coyotes fall to the Bruins after an emotional second period. Louis Domingue was put in at the start of the third period after Mike Smith was pulled for allowing 4 goals on 14 shots. Domingue was able to stop the bleeding stopping all 11 shots he faced, but the Coyotes just couldn’t get over the hump after the short handed goal.
In not so good news, Alex Burmistrov was hit blindside by Collin Miller shortly after the tying goal in the second period. We will keep everyone updated as soon as more information is released.
Burmistrov did post on his Instagram story that he was ‘good.’ We’re happy that he is awake and seemingly doing well.
1-0 Boston- Lawson Crouse turns over the puck and David Pastrnak takes the puck and sends it to Collin Miller who shoots it over the glove hand of Mike Smith. Assists from David Krejei and Pastrnak at 3:06.
1-1 Tie- With the Coyotes on the power play, Radim Vrbata gets the puck into the zone and passes it up to Brendan Perlini who loses it but Peter Holland takes the puck and scores on a wraparound with 16 seconds left on the power play at 3:27.
2-1 Boston- Oliver Ekman-Larsson turns over the puck and Patrice Bergeron feeds to puck the Riley Nash who beats Smith easily, short handed at 7:07.
3-1 Boston- David Backes picks the puck up and drops it for Brad Marchand, who passes it up to Backes who one times it past Mike Smith at 18:05.
4-1 Boston- Brad Marchand makes it around the net and scores a wrap around after another turnover at 19:49.
No scoring from either time, the Coyotes pushed but could not get anything past Tuukka Rask.
- Are the Coyotes done dealing? - Most likely not. Radim Vrbata could be playing his last game in a Coyotes uniform, and after what seems could be a significant injury to Burmistrov, they may need to trade for a center.
- Who will take over down the middle? - The Coyotes did produce one goal with Peter Holland on the power play, but now they are down one center in Alex Burmistrov. The Coyotes may need to call up or trade for a center.
- Can the Coyotes get to Rask early? - They tried, but Rask has seemed to get his groove back. That or the Bruins have remembered how to defend.
Players of the Game
Boston - Brad Marchand- Brad Marchand continues to be a Coyote killer. He ended tonight with 1 goal and 1 assist. Everyone hates him but you would love him if he was on your team.
Arizona - Jakob Chychrun- He stood up for Burmistrov and had a solid game, even when things came off the rails.
- For more on the Boston Bruins, check out Stanley Cup Of Chowder.
- Clayton Keller, Coyotes first rounder from 2016 who plays at Boston University has played 26 games with 19 goals and 19 assists for 38 points. That includes missing time with an injury and World Juniors.
- On Peter Holland’s goal, Radim Vrbata is now on a 10 game point streak, which is tied for the 2nd longest streak in Coyotes history.
- The NHL Trade Deadline is up at 1pm Arizona time. Stay tuned to Five For Howling for Coyotes news.
- There are 20 games left in the Coyotes season.
Arizona continues their eastern roadie in Buffalo. Puck drop is at 5:00pm Arizona time and the game can be viewed on Fox Sports Arizona Plus, Fox Sports Go or tuned into on AZ Sports 98.7 FM.