SB Nation is looking for a new site manager here at Five For Howling. This person will be responsible for managing the daily operations of a large website with a loyal following of readers, and ideally is an obsessive Coyotes fan.
The perfect candidate can express her or his thoughts about the team and the sport in a consistently engaging way. Hopefully you're as big of a nerd about the Internet, social media and sports journalism as you are about the Coyotes. You should have experience managing people, the ability to delegate and an insatiable desire to discover and produce work that Coyotes fans love.
You don't need to live in the Phoenix area, but it wouldn't hurt. This is a contractor position that pays a monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred. The new site manager will take over at the conclusion of the 2016-17 Coyotes season.
- Write, edit and ensure regular publication of quality Coyotes writing / video content.
- Manage a diverse team of writers.
- Operate the site's Facebook page, Twitter account and other social media channels.
- Communicate regularly with SB Nation management about site goals, traffic analysis and progress.
- Shape the editorial direction of Five For Howling.
- Obsessive knowledge of and passion for the Arizona Coyotes, the NHL and hockey.
- You're a great writer, communicator and manager.
- You're experienced with web publishing tools (or you're a quick learner).
- You take pride in what you do.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.