The Arizona Coyotes tried to stage a comeback in the third period but the game was already lost. Antoine Vermette was ejected in the second period for boarding Artem Anisimov and the Chicago Blackhawks capitalized twice on the chance.
The Coyotes being on the back end of a back to back showed. Missing players like Michael Stone and Martin Hanzal on nights like this certainly hurts. In summary, tonight was...
FIYAH BURN via GIPHY
1-0 Chicago: Coyotes get hemmed in there own zone. Jonathan Toews throws the puck towards the front of the net, looking for Andrew Ladd. It bounces off of Laurent Dauphin and finds Richard Panik, He buries the shot glove side on Domingue at 5:16 of the first period for his sixth of the season.
2-0 Chicago: Max Domi coughs up the puck and Jonathan Toews capitalizes on the chance. He comes in alone on Louis Domingue and he scores shorthanded at 12:40 of the first.
3-0 Chicago: Artemi Panarin takes a nice pass from Brent Seabrook on the power play and finds Patrick Kane, who puts it in the back of the net at 6:24 of the second period.
4-0 Chicago: After Antoine Vermette was ejected for boarding Artem Anisimov, Trevor van Reimsdyk scores during the power play with a blast from the point, could have been tipped by Andrew Ladd at 12:17 of the second.
5-0 Chicago: Andrew Ladd scores from in close at 14:29 of the second again on the power play.
5-1 Chicago: Connor Murphy gets a short pass after a Hawks turnover and gets his shot through traffic to break Scott Darling's shutout. Jiri Sekac gets the lone assist at 3:57 of the third.
6-1 Chicago: The Coyotes cannot clear the puck and Marcus Kruger finds an open Andrew Desjardins, who fires it past Domingue right after the Coyotes convert at 4:55.
6-2 Chicago: Brad Richardson scores picking up the garbage of a Shane Doan shot at 13:27 of the third.
|Arizona Coyotes||Chicago Blackhawks|
|First Period Shots||7||7|
|Second Period Shots||6||16|
|Third Period Shots||15||8|
|Power Plays||0 for 6||3 for 6|
- For the Chicago recap, check out Second City Hockey
- No Nicklas Grossmann again for the Coyotes as he welcomes his brand new baby girl into the world. No Martin Hanzal either, which means he may get shut down before the season ends.
- Chicago was without Marian Hossa, Andrew Shaw and Corey Crawford with injury. Duncan Keith is serving the third game of his five game regular season plus one playoff game suspension.
- In three games against the Coyotes this season, Toews has three shorthanded goals.
- Only two games left in the Coyotes' season, both against playoff teams.
Arizona gets a much needed night off before going back at it on Thursday against Nashville. The game will start at 5pm Arizona time.