The Arizona Coyotes managed to get two goals on white-hot Petr Mrazek on Thursday night. On Saturday, they weren't even able to get that against Cory Schneider.
Schneider and the New Jersey Devils stuffed the Coyotes 2-0 in a game that the Coyotes dominated in every other facet. The loss marks only the second time this season that Arizona was blanked in regulation.
1-0 New Jersey: An ill-timed pinch by Oliver Ekman-Larsson created a two-on-one rush for the New Jersey Devils. Reid Boucher would convert on Anders Lindback for his first goal of the season. Assists to Lee Stempniak and Travis Zajac on the goal at 3:52.
Despite two mid period power plays, Arizona could not find the back of the net against New Jersey in the second period.
2-0 New Jersey: A simple dump-in turned into a disaster for the Coyotes, as Anders Lindback failed to recognize that the puck had moved from one side of the net to the other. Kyle Palmieri was on the spot to make the easy tap-in to give New Jersey one more goal than they needed. Assists to Joseph Blandisi and Adam Larsson on the goal at 0:18.
|New Jersey Devils||Arizona Coyotes|
|First Period Shots||8||10|
|Second Period Shots||5||15|
|Third Period Shots||3||13|
|Power Plays||0 for 2||0 for 5|
- For reaction from New Jersey, check out All About The Jersey.
- Today was Kevin Connauton's Arizona debut in place of Klas Dahlbeck. He played 14:06.
- Viktor Tikhonov was a scratch for today's game, replaced by Steve Downie.
- Today's game was the first since January 9th that the Coyotes did not allow a power play goal, and the first since December 27th that the Coyotes did not score a power play goal.
- Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Zbynek Michalek, and Kyle Palmieri all missed time in this game with injuries. All three returned to finish the game however.
- Reid Boucher scored the game-winning goal in his NHL game since October 18th.
- Attendance: 11,745.
Arizona's homestand continues on Monday, when they welcome Jack Eichel and the Buffalo Sabres to Gila River Arena. Puck drop is at 7 PM Arizona time.