The game was largely dominated by Arizona - who led the shot count for the 1st and 2nd periods as well as for the game overall. While they had the game largely under control, a few critical errors ended up costing the Coyotes the game.
1-0 Winnipeg: Antoine Vermette gets caught up in the Coyotes defensive zone trying to break out, allowing the Jets to pounce with Mark Scheifele stripping Vermette before cutting to the front of the net and scoring on Anders Lindback at 6:50.
1-1 Tie: Coyotes equalize the score on the power-play after Mikkel Boedker finally takes a shot on the point which is then tipped in front by Shane Doan. Assisted by Boedker and Vermette at 9:30.
2-1 Arizona: Connor Murphy blasts it home on a shot from the point on the power-play, with Martin Hanzal screening Ondrej Pavelec. It is Murphy's first goal of the season. Assisted by Michael Stone and Anthony Duclair at 15:49.
2-2 Tie: Dustin Byfuglien scores on a give and go goal after a strong shift by the Coyotes goes unconverted. Assisted by Andrew Copp at 12:48.
3-2 Winnipeg: Chris Thorburn scores short handed at 11:09 after Stone loses a battle retrieving the puck from the Coyotes own end during a power-play. Thoburn disposes of Stone before dangling it in front of Lindback and back-handing it in. The goal is the 5th short handed goal the Coyotes have given up this season.
|Arizona Coyotes||Winnipeg Jets|
|First Period Shots||10||9|
|Second Period Shots||12||5|
|Third Period Shots||7||9|
|Power Plays||2 for 6||0 for 4|
3 Stars of the Game
1st Star - Chris Thorburn (WIN)
2nd Star - Dustin Byfuglien (WIN)
3rd Star - Shane Doan(ARI)
- For the Winnipeg perspective, check out Arctic Ice Hockey.
- The Coyotes surrendered the first goal of the game, again.
- Anders Lindback got the start in Winnipeg as Mike Smith was listed day-to-day with a lower body injury.
- Philip Samuelsson played again with Stefan Elliott sitting in the press box.
- John Scott played with Steve Downie, Craig Cunningham and Mike Smith all scratched.
- Shane Doan collided with Ondrej Pavelec during the 2nd period and was sent to the box for goalkeeper interference despite being pushed off balance and into Pavelec by Mark Stuart. Pavelec appeared fine immediately after the collision but was replaced by Michael Hutchinson for the 3rd period with a lower-body injury.
According to @ShawnChurchill, Pavelec left the arena tonight on crutches— Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) November 22, 2015
Arizona will now return home to take on the Anaheim Ducks. Puck drop is at 7.00 PM Arizona time next Wednesday night at Gila River Arena and can be viewed live on television on Fox Sports Arizona Plus.