Good news Arizona Coyotes fans: Arizona doesn't have to play Boston for the rest of the year!
The Coyotes were thoroughly dominated on the scoreboard by the Boston Bruins, as they fall 6-0 to end their East Coast road trip. This was an ugly, ugly game for the Desert Dogs.
1-0 Boston: David Krejci took advantage of an ill-timed pinch by Stefan Elliott and took the puck in himself on Smith for the goal. Assists to Loui Eriksson and Torey Krug at 17:22.
2-0 Boston: Another odd-man rush for the Bruins resulted in a goal. Jimmy Hayes was left all alone in front of Mike Smith, and all he needed was a split second to get to the rebound and make the score 2-0. Assists to Matt Beleskey and Ryan Spooner at 6:51.
3-0 Boston: Mike Smith's first really ugly goal of the night came after a nice move by Joe Morrow to create space in the center of the offensive zone. Though unscreened, Smith simply missed Morrow's shot. Assist to Matt Beleskey at 17:29.
4-0 Boston: Brett Connelly got under Oliver Ekman-Larsson's skin in the second period after a hit from behind that went unpenalized. He got on the board with another iffy goal against Mike Smith. Assists to Brad Marchand and Patrice Bergeron at 10:22.
5-0 Boston: The one part of Arizona's game that was playing relatively well was the penalty kill. Until now, when Brad Marchand took a shot through three players that Smith never saw. Assists to Colin Miller and Jimmy Hayes at 13:07.
6-0 Boston: The Bruins scored the touchdown in the dying seconds of the third, as David Krejci streaked in one last time and put Arizona out of its misery. Assists to Jimmy Hayes and Loui Eriksson at 19:22.
|Arizona Coyotes||Boston Bruins|
|First Period Shots||7||9|
|Second Period Shots||12||11|
|Third Period Shots||5||7|
|Power Plays||0 for 3||1 for 4|
- For the Boston perspective, check out Stanley Cup of Chowder.
- Neither Martin Hanzal nor Antoine Vermette dressed for tonight's game.
- To compensate, Tyler Gaudet, Kyle Chipchura, Brad Richardson, and Boyd Gordon all split center minutes relatively evenly.
- Only seven Bruins failed to record a point tonight.
- Noted pugilist Zac Rinaldo was a healthy scratch. He missed his chance at Steve Downie and John Scott, who both missed the end of the third after receiving ten minute misconducts on the same play.
- Connor Murphy was also scratched from tonight's game with a lower body injury. His status for Friday is uncertain.
The Coyotes have two days off before playing again against the Vancouver Canucks. Puck drop is 7 PM Friday night at Gila River Arena.