Arizona and Quad City hit the ice Friday night and the Mallards would score the only two goals of the opening period.
Early in the second, Sundogs defenseman Alex Velischek would get his team on the board, assisted by Riley Emmerson and Michael Trebish. Quad City would score and get their two-goal lead back. Later in the middle frame, Arizona forward Shawn Limpright would close the gap once again, assisted by Michael Trebish and Johan Ryd.
The Mallards would get two goals in the third period. Arizona would pull their goalie and forward Bryan Cameron would light the lamp, assisted by Kevin Baker and Brandon Coccimiglio, but Quad City would get the 5-3 win. The Sundogs totaled 32 shots on goal and goalie Andrew Engelage stopped 28 of the 33 shots on goal.
The Sundogs and Mallards faced-off again on Saturday night. Quad City would get two goals in the first period and one in the second to get the 3-0 win. Arizona had 32 shots on goal and goalie Engelage stopped 20 of the 23 shots he faced.
Big Dog of the Week
Big Dog of the Week goes to defenseman Michael Trebish this week. The Yorktown, Saskatchewan native has 10 points (0-10-10), a +9 rating, 74 penalty minutes, and 55 shots on goal in his 48 games with the Sundogs this year. Trebish, who would be an account if he wasn't playing hockey, was the only Arizona player with multiple points this week.
- Fifty-eight games into the season, Arizona is 26-26-6 with 58 points. They are 8th out of 10 teams in the CHL; 16 points out of first place and in possession of the final playoff position by six points.
- The Sundogs' special teams have a 18.91% power play percentage and an 84.07% penalty kill percentage, with five shorthanded goals scored and 11 allowed.
- On 3/5 forward Bryan Cameron was activated from I.R.; On 3/7 defenseman Garrett Clarke was activated from suspension
- Forward Kevin Baker continues to lead the team in goals (29) and points (55).
- Arizona finally returns home and faces the St. Charles Chill on Friday and Saturday