The Phoenix Coyotes season may not be mathematically over, but with each game that doesn't involve getting two points, it becomes more and more of a certainty that the three-year playoff run for the Desert Dogs is at an end. The 'Yotes fought to the bitter end to tie the game, but it was the St. Louis Blues that had the final laugh, as Brian Elliott stopped all three Coyotes shooters in the shootout, to secure a 2-1 Blues win.
- During the overtime, Johnson made a huge save on Chris Stewart on a semi-breakaway chance that led to the comment of the night below.
- The Coyotes now have 44 points and will need to win out (5-0-0) to get to the magic number of 54 which would give them about a 50% chance to make the playoffs.
- On the season, the Blues took all 3 meetings with the Coyotes and out-scored them 11-4.
Five For Winning
Our Three Stars
1. Brian Elliott - 33 saves, stoned all three in the shootout and was solid throughout the game
2. Chad Johnson - continues to impress with each outing, giving up the lone goal on 30 shots and making some big saves.
3. Andy McDonald - had some good scoring chances during the game and cashed in during the shootout for the lone goal.
Comment of the Night
A Look Ahead
Coyotes have two more games on the road with the next coming in Chicago against the Western Conference overall #1 seed (clinched) Blackhawks. Chicago has dominated the 'Yotes this season and the Coyotes need a miracle to make the playoffs. Should be a good time.