The Phoenix Coyotes may be the most snake bitten franchise in the NHL. During their 15 years in the Valley they've never won a playoff series. Dating back to their days as the Jets, the franchise hasn't won a playoff series period since 1987. After the jump, the 19 reasons why this year is going to be different.
1. This number is also the number of healthy knees Henrik Zetterberg has.
2. The Coyotes were 2-0-2 against the Wings during the regular season.
3. Keith Yandle's ability to pinch in effectively.
4. Ilya Bryzgalov is better than Jimmy Howard, Joey MacDonald, or the ghost of Chris Osgood.
5. Nicklas Lidstrom is finally showing signs of aging.
6. Paul Bissonnette has actually discovered how to play effective fourth line minutes making both himself and Kyle Turris and Mikkel Boedker dangerous energy players for the Yotes.
7. The Joe doesn't intimidate the Coyotes. They are 4-2-1 in the last 24 months at the old barn.
8. The Octopus tradition is tired and worn out. It is now the time of #Throwthesnake.
9. The current version of Mike Modano resembles the old one only in appearance.
10. The Coyotes blueline is much deeper than the Wings.
11. Martin Hanzal is back. He had 3 goals in the seasons series, more than any other Coyote or Red Wing.
12. Darcy Olsen & Clint Bolick are the Coyotes' Rachel Phelps.
13. The Wizard. He wasn't around for last year's playoff series.
14. The Wings have struggled to score on the power play against the Yotes this season.
15. Having Ruslan Salei and Todd Bertuzzi on the same team is bad karma.
16. Given the Wings playoff record over the past two postseasons they are due to lose in the 1st round.
17. Radim Vrbata is set to make Yotesgurl's head asplode with by using his S/O move on a breakway.
18. Tyson's Jacket.
19. The Captain won't be avoiding Jimmy Howard this year.