Another game, another win in the shootout for the Coyotes. In a game that really didn't matter to them one way or the other, the Coyotes still battled back to take it. While it just adds to that "win too much in the shootout" crap that naysayers like to throw about, to come back in the last ten minutes down 2-0 is nothing to scoff at. Just goes to show how clutch this team can be. To the quick bullet points:
- LaBarbera wasn't bad tonight, the only 2 times he got beat is when the Kings managed to also make the rest of the defense foolish. Practically the same move on both goals, but the D didn't hold the shooters up and bad things happen.
- The Post wasn't our friend tonight with both Shane Doan and Lee Stempniak clanging shots off the iron.
- The whole first period was a snoozer and fans on twitter and possibly in my house were tuning out a bit as the Coyotes seemed half asleep too. 10 minutes was all our guys needed though.
- The powerplay continued it's exercises in futility as they went 0 for 5 again tonight. This is getting absolutely brutal, but hopefully it doesn't hurt too badly as the refs start to not want to use the whistles as much in the playoffs.
- Taylor Pyatt continues his hot streak with a deflected Zbynek Michalek slapshot for a goal.
- Our 4th line was solid as Daniel Winnik - Petteri Nokelainen - Paul Bissonnette controlled play on many of the shifts they had last night.
- The one fight was kind of weak as Bissonnette and Raitis Ivanans both threw a punch and then promptly fell down.
- The Kings are now tied with Detroit and Nashville for 2nd place with 98 points. LA and Detroit both have 2 games to play, Nashville only one.