The Sundogs and Chill met on Friday night and the Chill would score first with a goal early in the first period. Later in the opening period, Arizona forward Shawn Limpright would even the score, assisted by Jason Morgan and Bryan Cameron. Early in the second period, Sundogs' forward Kevin Baker would give his team the lead, assisted by David Rutherford and Matt McCready.
With his team on the power play in the third period, Arizona forward David Rutherford would light the lamp, assisted by Kevin Baker and Brandon Coccimiglio. Late in the third, St. Charles would pull their goalie while on the power play and Sundogs' forward Johan Ryd would score an unassisted, shorthanded goal to give his team the 4-1 victory. Arizona had 28 shots on goal and goalie Andrew Engelage stopped 27 of the 28 shots he faced.
Arizona and St. Charles faced-off again on Saturday and Sundogs' forward David Rutherford would get the only goal of the opening period, assisted by Brandon Coccimiglio and Kevin Baker. Early in the second, Arizona forward Brandon Coccimiglio would increase his team's lead, assisted by Matt McCready and David Rutherford. Midway through the middle frame, Sundogs' forward Shawn Limpright would light the lamp, assisted by Jason Morgan and Matt McCready. Four minutes later, Limpright would score again, assisted by Bryan Cameron and Mark Isherwood.
In the third period, the Chill would score and break the shutout. Late in the third, with his team on the power play, Shawn Limpright would find the back of the net to get the hat trick, assisted by Jason Morgan and Matt McCready, and give his team the 5-1 victory. The Sundogs totaled 48 shots on goal and goalie Andrew Engelage stopped 26 of the 27 shots on goal.
Big Dog of the Week
Big Dog of the Week is being awarded to Shawn Limpright. In his nine games with the Sundogs this season the forward has 10 points (8g/2a), a +1 +/- rating, 16 penalty minutes, and 26 shots on goal. The St. Adolphe, Manitoba native had four goals, including a hat trick, in his team's two games this week.
- Sixty games into the season, Arizona is 28-26-6 with 62 points. They are 8th out of 10 teams in the CHL; 20 points out of first place and in possession of the final playoff position by five points.
- The Sundogs' special teams have a 19.01% power play percentage and an 84.48% penalty kill percentage, with six shorthanded goals scored and 11 allowed.
- On 3/8 forward Riley Emmerson was placed on 7-day I.R.; On 3/13 forward Ian Schultz was activated from leave by the league and then placed on season ending I.R.; On 3/14 forward Jordan Clendenning was activated from I.R. and forward Sebastian Geoffrion was moved from 7-day to 14-day I.R.
- Forward Kevin Baker continues to lead the team in goals (30) and points (58).
- Arizona remains at home this week and will face the Denver Cutthroats on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.