Thursday, the Allen Americans would score the only goal of the opening period and then another early in the second. Sundogs' defenseman Justin Pender would get his team on the board in the second, assisted by Kevin Baker and Garrett Clarke. Later in the middle frame, with his team on the power play, Arizona defenseman Matt McCready would tie the game, assisted by Bryan Cameron and Jason Morgan. Nineteen seconds later, Sundogs' forward Riley Emmerson would give his team the lead, assisted by Garrett Clarke and Josh Henderson.
With time running out in the third, Allen would pull their goalie and Arizona forward Bryan Cameron would score his second goal on the empty net, assisted by Jason Morgan and Justin Pender, to seal the 4-2 victory. The Sundogs totaled 34 shots on goal and goalie Andrew Engelage stopped 39-of-41 shots on goal.
Arizona traveled to Tulsa on Friday and the Oilers would get the first goal of the game early in the opening period. Two minutes later, Sundogs' forward Kevin Baker would level the score, assisted by Matt McCready. Twenty seconds after that, Arizona defenseman Mark Isherwood would give his team the lead, assisted by Garrett Clarke and Johan Ryd.
Tulsa would get four goals in the second, while defenseman Matt McCready would the Sundogs' only goal of the middle frame, assisted by Jason Morgan and Kevin Baker.
The Oilers would get four more goals in the third. Sundogs' defenseman Mark Isherwood would get his second of the night as time was running out, assisted by Justin Pender and Garrett Clarke, but Tulsa would get the 9-4 win. Arizona had 22 shots on goal. Goalie Chris Rawlings started the game and stopped 12-of-20 shots he faced; Andrew Engelage replaced him in the third and made zero saves on 1 shot.
Saturday, the Oilers and Sundogs would face off again and Arizona forward Bryan Cameron would get the only two goals in the first, assisted by Kevin Baker then Jason Morgan and Kevin Baker.
Tulsa would get the only goal of the second.
Early in the third, forward Kevin Baker would give his team the two-goal lead again, assisted by Jason Morgan and Johan Ryd. The Oilers would pull within one again, but forward Sebastian Geoffrion would score on the empty net, assisted by Kevin Baker, to give his team the 4-2 victory.
The Sundogs totaled 30 shots on goal and goalie Andrew Engelage stopped 20 of the 22 shots on goal.
The Sundogs returned home to face the Oilers on Tuesday and Tulsa would score four goals before Arizona would get on the board. Late in the second period, Sundogs' forward Bryan Cameron would light the lamp, assisted by Kevin Baker and Michael Couch.
Early in the third, the Oilers would score again to regain the four-goal lead. A minute later, Arizona forward Sebastian Geoffrion would score, assisted by Johan Ryd and Mark Isherwood. Late in the period Arizona would pull their goalie and defenseman Matt McCready would score, assisted by Michael Couch and Jason Morgan, but Tulsa would get the 5-3 win.
Arizona had 34 shots on goal. Goalie Andrew Engelage started the game and stopped 12-of-15 shots he faced; Chris Rawlings replaced him in the second and made 14 saves on 16 shots.
Big Dog of the Week
For the third time this season, forward Kevin Baker is being awarded the Big Dog of the Week title. The 6'1", 202 pound Kingston, Ontario native has 44 points (22-22-44), a -1 +/- rating, 22 penalty minutes, and 176 shots in 47 games for Arizona this season. This past week, the country music fan had eight points (2-6-8) in the Sundogs' four games.
- Forty-seven games into the season, Arizona is 24-21-3 with 51 points. They are 8th out of 10 teams in the CHL; 13 points out of first place and in possession of the final playoff position by five points.
- The Sundogs' special teams have a 20.33% power play percentage and an 84.00% penalty kill percentage, with four shorthanded goals scored and nine allowed.
- On 2/11 forward Kevin Baker was granted leave by the league; On 2/13 forward Josh Harris signed a contract, forward Jordan Clendenning was activated from I.R., and forward Kevin Baker was activated from leave league; On 2/18 forward Ian Schultz was granted leave by the league
- Forward Kevin Baker leads the team in goals (22) and points (44).
- Arizona splits time again this week with one home game and three road games. The Sundogs play Tulsa at home tonight at 6:35 p.m. before taking to the road for games against the Rapid City Rush on Friday and Saturday, then the Wichita Thunder on Tuesday.