The Arizona Sundogs remained at home for three games against the Allen Americans on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.
Wednesday the teams would face off and Allen would get two goals in the opening period to take the lead into the first intermission. With his team on the power play early in the second frame, forward Bryan Cameron would get Arizona on the board, assisted by Jordan Clendenning and Matt McCready. Later in the second, Cameron would tie the game with his second of the night, this time an even strength goal assisted by Jason Morgan and Ryan Gaucher. Late in the middle frame, Sundogs' forward Kevin Baker would give his team the lead, assisted by Paul McIlveen and Alex Tuckerman. Less than a minute into the third period, Allen would tie the game once more. Just past the halfway mark, Arizona forward Jason Morgan would give his team the lead again, assisted by Kevin Baker and Paul McIlveen. With time running out, the Americans would pull their goalie and Bryan Cameron would seal the 5-3 victory, and collect a hat trick, assisted by Jordan Clendenning and Dion Campbell. Arizona had 40 shots on goal, and goalie Andrew Engelage turned away 28 of the 31 shots he faced.
Friday night it would be the Sundogs striking first with a first period power play goal by forward Ian Schultz, assisted by Kevin Baker and Ryan Gaucher. Allen would tie the game late in the opening frame. With just 17 seconds left before the first intermission, forward Bryan Campbell would continue his hot streak and give his team the lead, assisted by Dion Campbell and Jordan Clendenning. The Americans would get the only goal in the second period and a goal in the third to take the lead again. Arizona forward Paul McIlveen would get a power play goal to tie the game once again, assisted by Ryan Gaucher and Kevin Baker. Allen would score twice more before the final horn for the 5-3 win. The Sundogs totaled 38 shots on goal and goalie Andrew Engelage made 29 saves on 33 shots.
The teams met again on Saturday and Allen would score once in the first and once in the second to take a two-goal lead. Sundogs' forward Paul McIlveen would score a power play goal in the third to get his team on the board, assisted by Jason Morgan and Bryan Cameron. The Americans would score twice more to get the 4-1 win. Arizona had 36 shots on goal, and goalie Chris Rawlings turned away 19 of the 22 shots he faced.
Big Dog of the Week
The Big Dog of the Week title goes to forward Bryan Cameron. The Brampton, Ontario native has 12 points this season (5-7-12), eight penalty minutes, and 43 shots on goal. The 24-year-old collected his team's first hat trick of the season on Wednesday night against the Allen Americans. Cameron scored a power play, even strength, and empty net goal that night. In the three games against Allen, the forward would score a total of four goals and one assist.
- Eighteen games into the season, Arizona is 7-10-1 with 15 points. They are 8th out of 10 teams in the CHL, and 13 points out of first place.
- The Sundogs' special teams have a 15.22% power play percentage and an 86.84% penalty kill percentage, with one shorthanded goal scored and five allowed.
- On 11/23 defenseman Jeff Buvinow was placed on 7-day I.R.; On 11/27 forward Ian Schultz was activated from I.R.; On 11/29 forward Ian Schultz was placed on 7-day I.R.; On 11/30 defenseman Garrett Clarke was placed on 1-game league suspension, defenseman Jeff Buvinow was activated from I.R., and forward Dion Campbell was placed on 7-day I.R.; On 12/1 goalie Chris Rawlings signed a contract, defenseman Ryan Gaucher was waived, defenseman Garrett Clarke was activated from suspension, and goalie Brad Fogal was waived; On 12/3 forward Ian Schultz was moved from 7-day to 14-day I.R.
- Forward Paul McIlveen leads the team with 18 points (7g/11a)
- Arizona to the road again for four games. The Sundogs face the Tulsa Oilers on Friday and Sunday and the Missouri Mavericks on Saturday and Tuesday