Friday, the Sundogs would face Tulsa and Arizona would strike first. Mid-way through the period, forward Jordan Clendenning would find the back of the net, assisted by Bryan Cameron and Travis Ouellette. The Oilers would score twice to take the lead, but Sundogs' forward Travis Ouellette evened the score, assisted by Justin Pender and Sebastian Geoffrion. Neither team would score again until Tulsa did mid-way through the third period. Sundogs' forward Paul McIlveen, assisted by Sebastian Geoffrion and Alex Velischek, would level things again, but the Oilers would get two more before the final horn and the 5-3 win. Arizona had 28 shots on goal, and goalie Andrew Engelage turned away 18 of the 23 shots he faced.
Arizona traveled to Missouri to play the Mavericks on Saturday. Neither team would score in the opening period. In the middle frame, Arizona forward Alex Tuckerman would light the lamp, assisted by Jason Morgan and Sebastian Geoffrion. Missouri would score once in the second period and once in the third to get the 2-1 win. The Sundogs totaled 33 shots on goal and goalie Chris Rawlings made 26 saves on 28 shots.
The Sundogs returned to Tulsa for a matchup on Sunday afternoon. Forward Bryan Cameron would get Arizona on the board first with a goal early in the opening period, assisted by Jordan Clendenning and Travis Ouellette. The Oilers would score once in the first and once in the second to take a lead into the third period. Bryan Cameron would score early in the third, assisted by Andrew Eastman and Michael Trebish, to tie the game. Tulsa would get two more goals in the third. Late in the period, Sundogs' forward Travis Ouellette would find the back of the net, assisted by Garrett Clarke and Tommy Maxwell, but the Oilers would get the 5-3 win. Arizona had 33 shots on goal, and goalie Andrew Engelage turned away 18 of the 22 shots he faced.
Tuesday, Arizona was back in Missouri to face the Mavericks once again. Forward Kevin Baker would get his team on the board with a goal just over two minutes into the opening period, assisted by Paul McIlveen and Jordan Clendenning. Missouri would score three times in the second period and twice in the third to get the 5-1 win. The Sundogs totaled 27 shots on goal and goalie Chris Rawlings made 28 saves on 33 shots.
Big Dog of the Week
This week's Big Dog of the Week title goes to forward Travis Ouellette. The 24 year-old Windsor, Ontario native has four oints (2-2-4), two penalty minutes, and five shots on goal in his four games with the Sundogs.
- Twenty-two games into the season, Arizona is 7-14-1 with 15 points. They are 9th out of 10 teams in the CHL, and 17 points out of first place.
- The Sundogs' special teams have a 13.64% power play percentage and an 81.82% penalty kill percentage, with one shorthanded goal scored and six allowed.
- On 12/5 defenseman Alex Velischek and forward Travis Ouellette signed contracts; On 12/6 forward Brodie Zuk was place on 7-day I.R. and defenseman Andrew Eastman was claimed off waivers; On 12/7 forward Johan Ryd was placed on 7-day I.R., forward Dion Campbell was moved from 7-day to 14-day I.R., and defenseman Andrew Eastman signed a contract; On 12/8 forward Brodie Zuk was moved from 7-day to 14-day I.R., forward Tommy Maxwell was activated from I.R., and forward Dion Campbell was moved from 14-day to 30-day I.R.
- Forward Paul McIlveen continues to lead the team with 20 points (8g/12a)
- Arizona remains on the road for games against the Denver Cutthroats on Friday and Saturday