Wednesday night, the Sundogs and Rush faced-off and Rapid City scored the first goal early in the opening period. Newly signed Arizona defenseman Garrett Clarke added an unassisted goal shortly after that and the teams would go into the break tied at one. The Rush would get the only goal of the middle frame and keep their lead deep into the third period until Sundogs' forward Pail McIlveen would even things up, assisted by Bryan Cameron, and send the game into overtime. Neither team would score in the extra frame. The Sundogs would score once in the shootout, while Rapid City would score three times to get the 3-2 win. Arizona had 31 shots on goal, and goalie Andrew Engelage turned away 30 of the 32 shots he faced.
The two teams met again Friday. Sundogs' forward Jordan Clendenning would give his team the lead midway through the opening period, assisted by Bryan Cameron and Paul McIlveen. Arizona would hold that lead until early in the second, when the Rush would even the score. Rapid City would score three more times before the final buzzer to get the 4-1 win. The Sundogs totaled 36 shots on goal and goalie Andrew Engelage made 30 saves on 34 shots.
Saturday night, Arizona would take an early lead when forward Kevin Baker would score on the power play just a minute and a half in, assisted by Dion Campbell and Damian Surma. Sundogs' forward Bryan Campbell would extend his team's lead seven minutes later, assisted by Paul McIlveen and Derek Matheson. The Rush would score three times in the opening frame and once in the second period before Arizona would find the back of the net again. Late in the middle frame, Sundogs' forward Brodie Zuk would cut the lead to one, assisted by Jason Morgan. Rapid City would get another goal in the third, and the 5-3 win. Arizona had 33 shots on goal, and goalie Andrew Engelage turned away 15 of the 19 shots he faced.
Big Dog of the Week
Every week a Sundog player will be given the title of Big Dog of the Week for his top performance. Forward Brodie Zuk is receiving the title this week. So far this season, Brodie has 2g/0a, a -5 +/- rating, eight penalty minutes, and 21 shots on goal. During what has been a difficult season so far for Arizona, the Saskatoon native has been a continued driving force on the ice. Two consecutive Saturdays, Zuk had to be taken from the ice due to injury, and yet he is one of only nine players who have not missed a game this season.
- Eight games into the season, Arizona is 1-6-1 with three points. They are 10th out of 10 teams in the CHL.
- The Sundogs' special teams have an 8.82% power play percentage and an 87.80% penalty kill percentage, with zero shorthanded goals scored and three allowed.
- On 10/30 forward Bryce Reddick waived, forward Alex Tuckerman was placed on 7-day I.R., and defenseman Garrett Clarke signed a contract; On 11/1 defenseman Ryan Gaucher was moved from 7-day to 14-day I.R., forward Jade Galbraith was activated from I.R. and then waived, and forward Dion Campbell was activated from I.R.; On 11/3 defenseman Justin Pender and forward Sebastian Geoffrion were activated from league suspension; On 11/04 defenseman Joe Tolles was waived.
- Two players are leading the team with four points each; forward Kevin Baker (3g/1a) and forward Jason Morgan (0g/4a).
- Arizona returns to the road for two more games against the Rapid City Rush, on Friday and Saturday.