Fresh off the All-Star break your Phoenix Coyotes will be squaring off against the Anaheim Ducks tonight at Jobing.com at 7 p.m. The Coyotes are hoping to carry the momentum they started to build with their victory over the Ottawa Senators last week before the break. The Yotes really need a victory tonight to keep them in the playoffs race and they are currently 3 points behind an 8th place spot. They will be playing with a well rested and fully recovered team, for the first time in a long time.
The Ducks this season started off terrible but have since started improving under new coach Bruce Boudreau. In there past games the Ducks have an impressive record of 8-1-1 and have outshout their opponents 36-17.The Ducks are hoping to possibly make a run at the playoffs and with a record like they had they may have a chance. They are a high scoring team averaging about 3.6 goals in those past ten games.
Five for Winning
1. Play hard. The Yotes are fresh off a break and won't be playing again until Saturday. There is no reason to leave anything in the tank.
2. Good defense. The Ducks have been outscoring their opponents 2-1 in the past 10 games. Defense is going to need to be tight to keep them from getting a lead.
3. Finish in regulation. No need to give up a point, and the Yotes have lost all four of their overtime games this past month.
4. Get motivation from the crowd. Even though the Coyotes lost their last game against Anaheim, but they won the last home game against the Ducks 4-2. Hopefully they can feed off the energy of a game against a Conference rival.
5. Don't chase the game. The last time these two teams met the final score was 6-2 Ducks, which was just terrible. They can't let the Ducks get ahead this time.
|2011 - Gilbert Brule||3||1||4||1||2|
Brule has scored three goals and one assist in his past 5 games. He has been great lately and may be the key to a Phoenix power play goal.
|2011 - Teemu Selanne||15||30||45||7||40|
Teemu Selanne is the Ducks assistant captain has been pretty impressive this season. The Yotes are definitely going to have to watch him, he will either shoot the puck or get it to someone who can score.
|2011 - Mike Smith||38||2210||18||13||90||2.44||1152||1062||.922||2|
These are the games that Smith is going to need to win. He was pretty good against Ottawa allowing only 2 goals. He is going to have to be on top of his game if he wants to stop the high scoring Ducks.
|2011 - Jonas Hiller||42||2370||15||18||111||2.81||1196||1085||.907||2|
Hiller has won 5 of his last 6 games and has only allowed 8 goals in those games. The Desert Dogs are going to have to get creative if they want to get pucks past him.