So yesterday the hockey blogoverse along with the hockey twitter everything exploded as the Phoenix Business Journal published a story online saying that there was a deal in principal with a Winnipeg group should the deal to sell the Coyotes locally fail. It took a few hours for anyone to actually find the story, but when real reporting outlets attempted to actually follow up it was quickly said that, no, this wasn't real. That didn't stop anyone hoping for a Jets return from running around in circles proclaiming they were coming back. It doesn't seem to matter what anyone says. Bill Daly denies it. "Oh it's a non denial denial. It's totally happening." This seems to be the general M.O. of all these crazies. I don't get way this happens, but I think I've finally figured out how to translate actions into the meaning to these "relocationists". Here's the Breakdown of the possible meanings behind any reaction Daly could have made...
- Phoenix Business Journal releases story, Daly says nothing.
- Relocationist reaction: ZOMG! It's happening! Daly didn't deny it at all that means it's true!!! (They then spin in circles until they pass out)
- Phoenix Business Journal releases story, Daly denies it.
- Relocationist reaction: DALY IS A DAMN LIAR! It's happening! The team is moving!
- Phoenix Business Journal releases story, Daly says denies it, Bettman denies it, Winnipeg Mayor denies it, True North denies it, your mom denies it, the Pope denies it, The Robot Pope denies it, Jesus returns to Earth with a Coyotes Jersey on and says no, the team isn't moving.
- Relocationist reaction: They're just trying to not get our hopes up, it's happening, the team is moving
Scenario: Any little thing negative happens with any offer to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix.
Example: Anthony LeBlanc or Daryl Jones orders a turkey and swiss sandwich from a local eatery. They are informed that the eatery is out of swiss cheese.
- Group explains why the issue isn't a big deal in great detail and in rational terms that anyone can understand without a degree in international sandwich law.
- Relocationist reaction: These guys are stupid. They can't possibly be serious about running a team if they're explaining this in ways I'll understand. The team has to be moving.
- Group says nothing about the cheese in the example and quietly has the swiss replaced with real cheddar.
- Relocationist reaction: They're switching things around! See I told you there were problems! THE TEAM MUST MOVE!
- Group gets a completely different sandwich like a meatball sub. Unfortunately that's a messy sandwich and LeBlanc gets a little on him
- What a mess these guys are. If they get the team you're screwed Phoenix fans.... But really they're moving now anyways.